These Five Tips Will Help You Move into Your New Home Stress-Free
If you’re moving into a new home, you have a lot to worry about. In addition to the myriad items you might place on your moving house checklist, there are plenty of closing costs on your new home plus any fees with the movers for transporting your belongings. Most of all, you don’t want to worry about your utilities, and getting direct connect utilities can ease some of your stress. Check out these five tips on utility connection and other suggestions for making your trip to your new home easy:
1. Consider getting direct connect utilities to help you set up your electricity, phone, and internet before you move in. This will ensure a seamless transition between your new home and old to help you become comfortable in your new home as early as the first night there. This will also help you avoid important contact with friends, family, or even emergency services if you need to make a phone call. Having electricity will keep your family warm or cool depending on the weather, and an internet connection will keep the kids entertained. When you work with a company that connects your utilities before you move into your new home, you won’t have to wait to enjoy your new surroundings.
2. If you’re moving into a newly constructed home, you may have to plant some trees and shrubs to give your new lawn some personality. In addition to adding color and decoration, having trees in your yard also helps to provide shade and cool your home. You can save 10 to 15% on your electricity bills during warm weather if you have trees to help shade and cool your home. With energy costs on the rise, this is a great way to save money on your utilities.
3. Moving a lot of breakable items made of glass or other materials? Be sure to wrap them in something soft, such as bubble wrap, cloth, or newspaper in order to protect them from damage while traveling.
4. If you need an easy way to transport drawers full of clothing, don’t take your clothes out of the drawer. After all, then you’ll only have to place them back once you’re done moving. Instead, wrap your dresser drawers in plastic bags or other materials in order to keep all of their items neat and orderly.
5. Finally, you’ll want to bring your cosmetic and toiletry items with you when you move rather than purchasing new ones. Be sure to wrap them in plastic to avoid spilling things like shampoo, soap, or makeup all over your other belongings. You don’t want to have to unpack and clean, too!
Moving can be stressful, especially for an entire family. Be sure to follow these tips and contact your direct connect utilities company about getting your power and other services set up before you arrive to your new home. Your house should give you comfort, not stress, and simplifying this process is the best way to start enjoying your new home as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.