Growers of Different Crops Are Able to Help Others Understand the Basics of the Industry
As the medical marijuana industry in America continues to expand into more and more states it should come as no surprise that there is an entire industry that caterers to growers. Offering specific kinds of indoor growing lights like 400 watt digital ballasts to more traditional eye hortilux lamps, many of the same items that have been used for years in
the hydroponic crops industry are now being marketed toward medical marijuana growers.
Grow light ballasts like 400 watt digital ballasts and 1000 watt high pressure sodium lights are, in fact, in high demand in the states that have already legalized the distribution of medical and marijuana. And as more states consider legalizing this use a number of companies are prepared to expand in order to meet increased demand.
Truth be told, there are a number of potential marijuana growers who are interning and training with any available kind of grower in anticipation of trying to start growing marijuana when it is legalized. And while there are obviously differences between hydroponic gardening supplies and systems, there are also a number of similarities. Finding a successful grower of any indoor plant can be advantageous for a number of reasons. Understanding temperature control, moisture regulation, avoiding accidental cross pollination, and other basic growing necessities can help people new to the industry gain a base of information that can be helpful no matter what the crop will be.
Consider some of these facts and figures about hydroponic gardening systems and the impact that the growing industry has on the nation’s economy:
- Growers can plant four times the number of crops in the same space using hydroponics when compared to traditional farming in soil.
- By the year 2022, the overall grow light market is expected to be valued at $5.11 billion. This represented a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.86% between the years 2017 and 2022.
- Approximately 38% of adults and 12% of children in the U.S. are using some form of complementary and alternative medicine, many of which are grown in indoor growing locations.
- Some crops can grow twice as fast in hydroponics because of their ability to receive the correct amount of nutrients, oxygen, and water.
- The market value of fluorescent grow lights amounted to approximately $50 million in the year 2016.
- Farmers report that some hydroponic crops use as much as 90% less water than the same crops used when they are raised in traditional soil farming.
Whether you want information about 400 watt digital ballasts or another kind of lighting system that is especially effective in a number of growing systems, finding an experienced grower can be a major advantage. Whether you are going to start growing vegetable in a hydroponic system or you are considering entering in the medical marijuana market, there are many things that you need to learn before you begin the process.