Environmentally Conscious The Right Packaging
The environment. It’s a subject that sets off a number of feelings, viewpoints, and positions once it is said. There are some that believe that global warming is occurring, that our environment is being harmed by our use of fossil fuels. There are some that believe global warming is a hoax. This is portrayed as long political lines.
The role of fossil fuels in affecting global warming came to prominence in the documentary “An Inconvenient Truth,” where a filmmaker follows Al Gore as he gives a presentation to a group of people about global warming. In that presentation, he uses statistics and other arguments to show that global warming is happening and that humans are causing it.
There were many who discredited the documentary and any attempt to make global warming a legitimate problem. These sometimes were “scientists” who had been hired by the tobacco companies as they tried to discredit those who said cigarettes caused lung cancer. It is possible or likely that many people took note of this.
There are some people who have become more environmentally conscious since that documentary, as some have been likely inspired to take a harder approach when it comes to the environment. There are advocacy groups today and people who are trying to raise awareness when it comes to global warming, water pollution, and more.
Those who are firm about their belief of the human impact on the environment may have different purchasing attitudes when it comes to products. They might not purchase a product that is not recyclable or comes in a recyclable package. This means a focus on recyclable materials such as plastic, aluminum, and paper.
It is possible that some cities are encouraging this, as they allow for the recycling of materials in a separate bin than the rest of the trash. This is an issue that some people care about. And it is likely they are trying to influence others to follow along the same path of environmental friendliness.
The issues are large. There is water pollution. There is regular pollution. There are fossil fuels. There is factory farming (to some). There is the endangerment of animals in their natural habitats. There is global warming. There is the degrading of the environment with trash. There is more.
Some statistics about the buying attitudes of the environmentally conscious people are worth noting. They are:
- 52% of people around the world make purchase decisions partially due to packaging that shows a brand making a positive social and environmental impact.
- According to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study, 26% of respondents said that the packaging of a product is extremely important to their overall satisfaction, which is up from 18% in 2013.
- According to a 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study, only 14% of consumers feel that brands are making an effort to improve packaging to satisfy consumer needs.
- The 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study revealed that 66% of consumers have tried a new product because the packaging caught their eye.
- The 2016 West Rock Consumer Insights Study revealed that 45% of consumers have purchased a product because the packaging was environmentally friendly.
One of these recyclable and environmentally sensitive products is called the clamshell. It is a type of packaging that can be marketed well, as well, to consumers who are looking for a more engaging presentation than just the basic packaging. There are some statistics about clamshells that are worth noting.
- A blister package that folds onto itself is often referred to as a “clamshell”.
- A significant amount of the world?s plastic waste ends up in the ocean, where it causes damages amounting to at least $13 billion per year.
Packaging, by itself, can cause water pollution if it is not recycled. That pollution can enter the streams, the rivers, the oceans, such as when the amount of trash in the Pacific Ocean formed a giant island of trash miles wide. There are terms here that are important. They are user friendly clamshell, utility box plastic, reusable clamshell, and more.
Two others are patented packaging and retail packaging.
The reusable clamshell is important when it comes to protecting the environment. The reusable clamshell is a plastic container than can be reused. This stops another clamshell from being made. The reusable clamshell is helpful for helping the environment. Learn more.