Are You Concerned About the Cleaning Chemicals Used in Your Office or Home?
It is a clean start.
When your daughter came downstairs exactly one week before classes for her junior year in high school began, she was smiling from ear to ear. She was proud to announce that it had only taken her less than an hour, but that she has now cleaned out all of the drawers in her bathroom. In the past, this was a bathroom that she shared with her older sister, but the fact that her sister stayed on her college campus and did not come home this summer, continued to confirm that the younger sister to could do as she wished with the ample bathroom space.
A move toward using more environmentally friendly cleaning materials was the latest motivation for getting the bathroom clean, but the fact that school was starting in just seven days also provided a big push. After sorting through the items in her closet earlier in the week, this bathroom cleaning project was the last thing on the list for what she wanted to complete before heading back into the busy schedule of classes, show choir, and working out.
Are You Looking for Tips for Green Cleaning Strategies?
Whether you are interested in tips for green cleaning to use yourself or you are i the process of finding a green cleaning services company, it makes sense to understand that the chemicals that have been used in the past were not always as safe as they should be. Not safe enough for us, and often not safe enough for the surfaces that were being cleaned.
Consider these statistics from the World Health Organization about the use of newly engineered products and other tips for green cleaning:
- 3.3 million deaths a year worldwide are attributed to indoor air pollution from preventable cardiovascular and respiratory disease.
- 34% of these 3.3. million deaths are from reported cases that were attributed to strokes.
- 26% of these 3.3. million deaths are from reported cases that were attributed to ischaemic heart disease.
- 22% of these 3.3. million deaths are from reported cases that were attributed to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- 12% of these 3.3. million deaths are from reported cases that were attributed to acute lower respiratory infections in children.
- 6% of these 3.3. million deaths are from reported cases that were attributed to lung cancer.
All of the above statistics are linked to indoor air pollution, some of which is created by non environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals. Moving away from these dangerous chemicals and learning about tips for green cleaning means that you can protect your family and your employees by protecting the air that they breathe.
And while many cleaning efforts are concerned about the home and the workplace, another area of concern when it comes to cleaning are the health clubs around the nation that provide shared work out spaces for their clients. Few things are more important in these private and public workout spaces than cleanliness, so it makes sense that the cleaning team should pay careful attention to the chemicals that they use. Consider these facts about the opinions that people have about the cleanliness about the spaces where they work out:
- 90% of consumers who perceive their health club as extremely clean indicate that they are likely to renew their membership.
- 88% of adults wouldn?t exercise in a gym or athletic facility if they find it to have cleanliness issues, according to a Harris Interactive study.
- 72% of adults indicate that they will not exercise in gyms with unpleasant odors.
- 84% of health club members perceive their club to be clean.
- Indoor air pollution levels can be as much as 100 times higher than outdoor air pollution levels, according to US EPA estimates. This is a scary statistic for people who work out in health clubs, but it is a percentage that can be decreased with the use of environmentally friendly cleaning supplies.
Are you ready to have a clean start? As the last few days of summer wind down, a number of parents and their students are getting ready to start a new schedule of classes. Clean starts. Clean classrooms. Hopefully this cleanliness is achieved with environmentally friendly cleaning products and services. Great references here. Ger more information on this topic here.