7 Tips for Hiring the Right Customer Service Company
Having a good customer service operation is essential for most businesses. It has been estimated that as many as 80% of consumers in the United States are wiling to spend up to a quarter more for products if they are going to have a better customer service experience. Many businesses are now turning to customer service outsourcing companies to make sure they provide their customers and clients with the best service possible. Here are some things you can do to make sure you get the right company for your needs:
- Know what your needs are. Businesses that hire a customer service outsourcing company are much more likely to be happy with the service they receive if they go into the process knowing what they need. If you cannot clearly articulate what you need in a company that provides customer service, you will have a hard time finding a company that can help you get what you need. Start your process by deciding what you need in an outsourced firm.
- Talk to people you know. If you own or manage a business, the chances are good that you know other people who also own or manage the same kind of business. Ask around. The best way to find a good product or service is to get a personal recommendation from someone you trust. This should be at the top of your “to do” list for finding a company to handle your customer service.
- See if you can get references. Most customer service outsourcing companies have websites with testimonials and you should look at those buy you should not stop there. You should always check these and the ask for references. If you can, talk to their current customers to see what it is like to work with them. This can help you make a more informed decision about who to hire for this important task.
- Make sure they have the resources needed to get the job done. When you hire a company to handle your customer service, one reason you are doing this is because your needs have grown beyond your own in house abilities. The last thing you need to do is hire a company that cannot handle the workload that is associated with your customer service needs.
- Ask how they find their people and what the turnover rate is. The people who work at customer service outsourcing companies are the first, and perhaps only, people customers or clients will talk to when they need help from a business. That means these people will become the face and voice of your business. You will be judged by their professionalism. You want to go with a company that treats its people well and has a low turnover rate. Happy workers do a better job and are nicer to deal with. These are the people you want representing you.
- Get several price estimates. When you are looking at customer service outsourcing companies, you should talk to at least three different companies and get detailed, written estimates. There are a number of reasons you want to get the estimates in writing. This can help you compare the different quotes but, more importantly, this is one good way to avoid being hit with hidden fees and costs later on. You need to find a company that is completely transparent with their billing. You also need to be able to scale up or down the services you are getting when you hire a company like this.
- Think about social media. When people think about providing the best customer service, they often think about interacting with people over the phone. While that is a big part of customer service, more and more consumers are looking to interact with companies via Twitter, chat and Facebook. Therefore, you need to hire a company that can offer you help on these platforms as well as on the phone.
Hiring the right customer service outsourcing companies can have a very positive impact on your bottom line and can help you grow your business. It can be more cost effective to outsource this part of your business. Hiring the right people to help will make a difference.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.