7 Benefits to Installing a Water Filtration System
The human body is at least 60% water. Getting enough water is essential for proper health. To get the healthiest water possible, many people turn to bottled water but there is a much better way to make sure that the water you and your family drink as safe as possible. The best water systems can help keep everyone looking and, more importantly, feeling great. Here are some great reasons to have a water filtration system installed in your home:
- You have access to clean and safe water whenever you want it. Both your tap water and the water you get in bottles comes from a water treatment plant. The water from your tap may come from a different treatment facility but they both come from one. It is possible for a number of contaminants, including lead, to get into water from water treatment facilities. It has been estimated that there are more than 2,100 known contaminants than can be found in tap water all over the United States. Not only that, the water treatment process includes the addition of chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride to the public’s water. While fluoride does prevent cavities, when people get too much of it, it can lead to the weakening of the bones. The best water systems let people have access to water that is free of all of that, whenever they want it. People can enjoy it in their homes and take it with them when they go out.
- The best water systems are better for the environment. Having a home filtration system is a far superior way to get great water than to get it from water bottles, at least in terms of environmental protection. It has been estimated that people in the United States buy 50 billion plastic bottles of water every year. Less than 40% of those are recycled. That means more than 60% of the water bottles are sent to landfills where they will spend at least 450 years.
Drinking filtered water can help people with skin issues. Drinking fresh, healthy water helps people’s skin look great but the contaminants that are in water from treatment facilities can be irritating especially for people who already suffer from an array of skin conditions. These problems are only increased in children.
- You will save money. Bottled water can be expensive. The average amount of water that people drink every day is about 50 ounces a day. When a family of four makes the switch from bottled to filtered, the savings can amount to $700 each year. Even the best water systems only cost between $50 and $80 each year.
- You can save your plumbing. The contaminants and additives that are found in tap water can be damaging to plumbing systems. A good home water treatment system will protect, not only the pipes in the home but any appliance that need water or come in contact with water. Most households have washers, dishwashers, ice makers, garbage disposals and other appliances that can be damaged by chlorine and fluoride.
- It tastes better. The best water filtration systems will make the water in a home taste a lot better than what would come out of the tap. Chlorine and any bacteria that might find its way into the water supply makes people sick at worst but even if it is not dangerous bacteria, it tastes awful.
- You will use less soap. The best water systems act a lot like water softeners. This has the result of making it necessary to use less soap. The minerals in hard water inhibit the action of the soap. This means less soap for bathing, washing clothing or washing the dishes. That is another way using this kind of system will save your household money.
- It makes you more prepared for a disaster. Sewer lines break all of the time around the country and when that happens, the water supply can become contaminated. Having a water filtration system in your home can protect your family from this contamination. This will give you more peace of mind, knowing your home will have access to water no matter what happens.
You can get the best quality of water with the best water systems,